Princess Tibbers

Tibbers was only 5 weeks old when she arrived at the organization. Brought into a pound that uses the gas chamber, she had to get out of there quickly since the non-weaned kittens are the first to pass.
The little Tibbers was therefore recovered by a member of the Pound Paws team who kept it for a few hours and fed it the time to find a transport to us.
A volunteer then brought it to us.
Placed in foster care with the founder of the organization, it took only a short time to realize that something was wrong …
Tibbers had a huge heart murmur.
Because of this breath, Tibbers was smaller than normal and much quieter than a kitten of that age.
Evaluated quickly by a veterinary cardiologist, a malformation (pulmonary stenosis) was diagnosed. This malformation can occur and gives him a quality of life and normal longevity, the body then decided to raise funds to be able to offer him this surgery which could not take place that when it would have an adult size. Being an extremely expensive surgery, a special page had been created for her and special items had been put up for sale to raise the necessary funds.

Unfortunately, 3 months later, a second cardiac malformation was discovered and surgery was no longer possible. The fundraising was stopped but the special page continued to exist.

Given its unknown life expectancy (the combination of these two malformations is extremely rare), the necessary follow-up and medications and costs related to all this, it was decided not to adopt Tibbers to ensure that it receive the necessary care throughout his life, regardless of the costs involved.

She stayed with us as a mascot, accompanying us everywhere and attending all the events of the organization because what she loved most in life was to have attention!

In May 2017, around the age of one and a half, Tibbers started hiding and eating less. Having been at risk of cardiac decompensation for almost a year already according to the cardiologist, she was brought to the emergency room to receive a complete examination and to pass tests.
Liquid was found in his abdomen and it was sent for analysis.
Result: Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic cells.
We expected everything but that …
The prognosis was very dark, a few weeks at most with chemotherapy.
His condition having deteriorated very quickly in barely 3 days, chemotherapy was attempted.
A little more than 24 hours later, Tibbers started eating, walking and playing. She’s back to the Tibbers we all knew.
Two weeks later, Tibbers was euthanized after a mass in her abdomen ruptured and her condition deteriorated in just a few hours. She left gently surrounded by her dad, her mom and her “matante”.

Tibbers was a special little cat, everyone who met her in her short life will remember her as a princess who wanted all the attention of the world, who could stay perched on our shoulders for hours, who knew how to express to understand what she wanted …

Tibbers was definitely special and she will have left her mark.